Coronavirus: UAE ministry reports 9th case

1669
Coronavirus UAE

Web Report

The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (Mohap), on Sunday, announced a new Coronavirus (Covid-19), case bringing the number of those infected in the UAE to nine.

The latest case is a 37 years old Chinese, who was diaognised during a routine check-up which was conducted as per the World Health Organisation (WHO), standards. His condition is stable.

This brings to nine the total number of COVID19 cases diaognised in the UAE, including the two patients who were recently confirmed fully recovered. The remaining six patients are still under intensive care and observation by a team of leading consultants.

The Ministry said it in coordination with health and other concerned authorities in the country, it has been following a very effective epidemiological monitoring mechanism, and taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that highly efficient preventive measures, including check-ups and observation of the people who have been in contact with patients- in accordance with the highest global practices.

It urged the public to follow the preventive procedures and to read the awareness instructions, available on its website and the official websites of health authorities in the UAE.

“The public are also advised to adopt protective health behaviours to avoid infectious diseases, including washing hands with soap and clean water, and covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing to stop the spread of germs and viruses,” the statement said.

Globally, it is confirmed that the number of cases of the novel coronavirus has risen to over 69,000 worldwide, with the first death from Covid-19 reported in Europe. The number of deaths reported because of the virus has climbed to 1,669 as of now.

As of Sunday morning, there were 68,500 cases of the virus recorded in mainland China, an increase of 2,009 on the previous day. Chinese health authorities recorded an additional 142 deaths on Saturday, bringing the global total to 1,669, all but four of which occurred in mainland China.

The first death to occur outside of Asia was reported in France on Saturday: an 80-year-old Chinese tourist who had been receiving treatment for Covid-19 since January 25. Deaths have also occurred in Hong Kong, the Philippines and Japan.